The Easy Way to make Salmon Patties
Salmon patties is one of my favorite dish because of 2 reasons-
1- It is extremely delicious
2- It is super easy to make
How to Flavor Salmon Patties?
We need to add a few ingredients to flavor the salmon patties.
Here are the ingredients that would add flavor to your Salmon Patties-
- Dijon mustard + white vinegar: It would give the patties a punch
- Greek yogurt: if you want to give a creamy interior texture and a bit of a tank to your Salman Patti is adding Greek yogurt would be the best.
- Bread crumbs: it will bind the patties well, together.
- Garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne: these ingredients food add a little of Southern Flare to your Salmon patties.
How to Store the Salmon Patties?
If you are storing the uncooked Salmon Patties, then you can refrigerate them and store for up to one day. Wrap them individually and store them in an airtight container. If you are storing cooked SALMON PATTIES then you can refrigerate them and store for up to two days.
Can You Freeze Salmon Patties?
Yes you can! You can freeze the cooked Salmon patties and store them for up to 3 weeks. Thaw them in the refrigerator and then reheat on the stove top.
How to make Salmon Patties?
Let us now see how to prepare these Salmon Patties!
- 4 cans of wild Salman, drained
- 1 medium-sized shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
STEP 1-: take a large bowl and into it place the Salmon. Cut it into smaller pieces using a fork.
STEP 2-: in the bowl add the shallot, garlic, mayonnaise, dill, mustard, egg lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir it using a fork until it is well combined and mixed.
STEP 3-: Using a plastic wrap cover the bowl and refrigerate it for about 10 minutes.
STEP 4-: after 10 minutes remove the bowl from the refrigerator. Oil your hands and take the mixture in your hand and shape it into patties. Repeat the same process for the other patties.
STEP 5-: now place all the parties in a baking sheet and again refrigerate them for 10 minutes.
STEP 6-: Till the parties refrigerate, take a cast iron or a non-stick skillet and heat it over medium heat.
STEP 7-: Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in the pan until it shimmers and swirl it so that the oil cover the bottom of the pan.
STEP 8-: Now, place the patties in the pan, fewer at a time, and cook until they get golden brown in color and crispy in texture. When the patties are nice golden brown and crispy, flip them to the other side and cook until the other side gets golden brown in color and crispy in texture. Repeat the same process with the remaining patties using the remaining oil.
Your Salmon Patties are ready to Devour!
Here is a video to show you the process of making these delicious patties:
How to serve Salmon Patties?
You can serve the Salmon Patties either on a bun in a slider style. Add thinly sliced tomatoes, red onions, and a little of Greek yogurt or tartar sauce. You can serve them on their own with Greek yogurt or a crispy green salad.
How to reheat Salmon Patties?
To reheat the patties, place them on a lightly oiled skillet on the stove. If you want to lock in the moisture and prevent the patties from drying out, you can splash some water in the skillet with the Salmon in it and then cover them so that the parties are steamed. This will prevent them from drying out and will lock the moisture in them.
What goes well with Salmon Patties?
Side dishes that go well with Salmon patties are: