Sriracha Aioli Recipe
With the variety of flavored sauces and dips available in the Departmental store, we are spoiled for choices. From tangy to sweet to sour, everything is readily available.
These not only make our food super tasty and satisfying but using different flavors gives a simple dish a very unique and exciting touch that is sure to make anyone lick their fingers.
Honestly, I can’t imagine my fast food without tangy and delicious dips and sauces. I am a crazy lover of spicy food and always look for options to make even the normal fries the most exciting one.
Today, I am going to share with you a simple recipe of Sriracha Aioli.
If you have a tongue that always craves for tangy food just like me then you are going to love this recipe.
From sandwiches to burgers, to fries, to nachos, to anything and everything this Sriracha Aioli will be your secret recipe for making these a hit.
What is Aioli?
In simple words, Aioli or Aioli sauce refers to Mayonnaise with a generous amount of garlic.
It is a Mediterranean sauce made of salt, garlic, and olive oil and is found in the Mediterranean coasts of Spain, France, and Italy.
Aioli is practically sisters with Mayonnaise however, there is a slight difference between the two.
While Mayonnaise is made of neutral oil and uses vinegar, Aioli is made of Olive oil and uses Lemon juice.
What is Sriracha?
Sriracha is a Thai hot/chili sauce named after the town of “Si Racha” in Thailand. It is prepared from finest Ingredients such as paste of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt.
It provides a tangy taste to food and can be used both as a dipping sauce or as a condiment in food.
How is Sriracha Aioli made ?
This dip/sauce is pretty simple to prepare and uses only the available kitchen ingredients.
Cooking Time – 5 minutes
Total Time – 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp Sriracha Sauce (Homemade/packaged)
- Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Cup vegan Mayonnaise
- Lemon Juice
Now, let’s start preparing them:
- Take a big bowl and add Mayonnaise.
- Whisk it a little with a whisker to make it even.
- Next, add chopped garlic, lime juice, and Sriracha sauce.
- Mix all of them to make a thick dip.
If you are having a hard time finding packaged Sriracha sauce in a store nearby, you can easily prepare some at your home. This way you can adjust the consistency and tanginess of the sauce as per your taste.
I prefer home-made sauce over the packaged one largely due to the thin texture and taste.
Moreover, I could choose my pepper for the sauce to adjust its heat level and can experiment with the same.
It could also be stored in the refrigerator for a few months by adding more vinegar to lower the pH.
How to make Sriracha Sauce ?
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Total Time – 30 minutes
- 1 pound red Jalapeno peppers
- ½ pound red serrano peppers
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
Now, let’s start preparing them:
- Chop jalapeno and serrano peppers, and place them into a blender with garlic, brown sugar, salt, and water. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the puree to a large jar, cover it with a plastic wrap, and place it into a cool dark location for 3 to 5 days, stirring once a day.
- Re wrap after every stirring and return to a cool, dark place until mixture is bubbly.
- Pour the fermented mixture back into the blender with vinegar and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture into a saucepan through a strainer. Make sure you push as much pulp as possible through the strainer into the sauce. Discard the remains.
- Place the saucepan on the gas and bring the sauce to boil. Keep stirring it until reduced to your desired thickness.
- Remove saucepan from the gas and allow the sauce to cool at room temperature. Transfer it to a jar and refrigerate it.
Your delicious Sriracha sauce is ready.
Why is Sriracha Aioli preferred the most?
This Sriracha Aioli gives normal Mayonnaise such a versatile and spicy flavor that goes well with just anything be it salted, fried, roasted, or baked.
It’s so creamy, spicy, and has a silky texture that’ll surely make you lick your plate to the last drop.
Everyone loves the pleasant aroma of garlic and a dip which is combined from all your favorite ingredients will surely make you drool over every bite of food.
So, enjoy this tastiest dip.
I hope you loved this recipe. Please share your feedback in the comments section.