The Finest Rockfish Recipes
What is Rockfish ?
Rockfish is packed with protein; a 5-ounce serving has almost 33 grams. As with most fish, it is full of omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce the risk of heart disease.
It’s a good source of vitamin D and potassium as well and can help prevent high blood pressure.
In this article I will share various delicious Rockfish recipes which you can easily try. So let’s start.
One-dish Rockfish is one of the most common dishes available for Rockfish. It’s very easy to make and less time consuming than other recipes.
HOW TO MAKE ROCKFISH?
Prep time: 20 min.
Cook time: 20 min
● 5 cups fresh spinach
● 2 (6 ounce) fillets rockfish
● 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
● ½ cup vegetable broth
● 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
● ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
● ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
● ¼ teaspoon onion powder
● Salt and ground black pepper to taste
● Lemon slices
● Onion slices
Now, let’s start preparing them:
● Preheat oven to 400° F.
● Layer the spinach in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish.
● Lay the rockfish atop the spinach.
● Scatter the tomatoes around the fish. Pour the broth into the dish.
● Season the fillet with the dill, garlic powder, lemon pepper, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Place the lemon, onion, and butter on the rockfish. Cover the dish tightly.
● Bake in preheated oven until the fish flakes easily, 20 to 25 minutes.
Fried Rock Fish
Another most simple dish we can make from Rockfish is Fried Rockfish. It is also very simple and is very helpful for snacks and starters. So let’s see how we can make this preparation.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
● 1/2 cup flour
● Salt and pepper
● Old Bay spice seasoning
● 2 beaten eggs
● 2 Rock fish
● 1/4 stick butter
● 1/2 cup oil
Let’s see how it is done:
● Combine flour, salt and pepper, seasoning and eggs.
● Dip fish in mixture. Heat butter and oil in a sauté pan and sauté fish until crisp on both sides.
Grilled Wild Pacific Rockfish with Garlic Herb Butter
Another most delicious recipe we can make from Rockfish. It takes small amount of time than the previous two, but it is something that you will love to eat.
Prep time: 30 min
Cooking time: 40 min
● 1 package fresh Wild Pacific Rockfish, defrosted
● 1 tsp olive oil
● 1 tsp sea salt
● 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
● 1 tsp dried parsley
● 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter
● 1 tsp minced garlic
● 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
● 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
Here are the steps to follow:-
●Preheat grill to medium high heat.
●Evenly distribute olive oil over fillets. Season with salt, pepper, and dried parsley. Rub seasonings and oil over fish to evenly distribute.
Grill fillets on preheated grill for approximately 3 minutes on each side, or until completely cooked through.
●While the fillets are cooking, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant, about a minute. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
●To serve, pour the butter mixture over the fish. Perfect with grilled asparagus!
Baked Rockfish Almandine
This is a simply delicious, healthy seafood dinner in under 30 minutes with minimal clean up.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
● 1 and 1/2 lbs Alaska rockfish
● 1/4 cup butter
● 1/4 cup slivered almonds
● 1/4 cup parsley chopped
● 3 lemons
● 1 lb asparagus
Here are the steps to make it:
● Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Start to steam your rice of choice.
● Trim the tougher ends of the asparagus off and discard. Spread the asparagus evenly on top of the parchment paper. Slice 2 of the lemons and spread evenly on top of the asparagus. Set aside.
● Rinse the Alaska rockfish and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Lay the Alaska rockfish evenly across the lemon slices.
● In a small sauté pan melt the butter. Add the almonds, juice from remaining lemon and parsley. Sauté for 3-4 minutes. Carefully spoon over each Alaska rockfish filet.
● Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then uncover and bake another 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
● Serve over steamed rice along with the cooked asparagus and lemon.
Now this is something for the Gym lovers. In this dish I have taken care of the calorific values and this is appropriate for all ages. So now let’s see the recipe.
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 25 min
● 2 filets of rockfish
● 2 tbsp butter per filet
● Dusting of Old Bay Seasoning
● 3 thin slices of lemon
● Salt and pepper to taste
● Chives, optional
Directions for making it:
● Melt butter in individual oven-safe casserole dishes and sprinkle with Old Bay and pepper.
● Add the filets, sprinkling with salt and pepper, and broil for 6-8 minutes, rotating the dishes halfway through.
● Remove from the oven and baste with the melted butter, placing the lemon slices on top.
● Return to the oven long enough to char the lemon. Remove and serve immediately,
In this article I discussed 5 simple Rockfish recipes which anyone can try. From the spiciest to the healthiest – all are included here.
PLEASE NOTE: Those patients who have blood pressure or allergy to seafood may avoid this.
● Five recipes are given from the spiciest to the healthiest
● Rockfish is high in protein and vitamins so we can add this in our diet
● All the ingredients used in above recipes are easily available in market.
I hope you loved this recipe. Please share your feedback in the comments section.