Jell-O Jigglers/Jello Jigglers are loved by one and all, may it be kids, teens or even adults. There’s no one who can say a no to these delicious and tasty snacks. Today, we are going to see how to make these mouth watering snacks. It’s easy and simple and not at all time consuming. So before we get to the procedure for preparing these Jello Jigglers, let me first tell you what Jell-O Jiggers contains inside.
What’s inside the food you like the most?
The answer is Gelatin.
So, Gelatin basically, Gelatin is a colorless food/liquid which is prepared from collagen. This Collagen comes from the animal raw materials. This can also be used in cosmetics, photographs, lightning, and pharmaceutical products other than just using it as a food. Gelatin is commonly found in ice cream, yogurt, marshmallows, gummy candies and even in dips. Animal glues often contain unrefined Gelatin.
You might be surprised to know that Gelatin is used as a binder for binding the match heads and also sandpaper. Gelatinous is the name given to the substances that contain this Gelatin liquid. There are also two types of gelatins, one which can be instantly made and one is which needs to be soaked in water before being prepared.
Okay, so I guess you might be quite surprised by some of the facts mentioned above. Other than these facts, I’m also going to tell you how Gelatin is beneficial for your health. Below mentioned are some benefits of Gelatin which are good for you and your body.
- Gelatin can improve the lining of the digestive tract and is also useful for the prevention of intestinal damage.
- It also improves your appearance and can also prevent from the U/V rays of the sun.
- Gelatin contains calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus which can and are necessary for the build-up if your teeth, nails and hair.
- Medical leaders also say that gelatin can rejuvenate your kidney, adrenals, bladder and can help to deal with stress and the stress hormone, cortisol.
- It boosts the collagen in the skin and also eases the appearance of the stretch marks.
- Gelatin also improves the ability of producing more gastric acid, which is important for proper digestion and nutrient absorption.
- It also helps in arthritis and joint pain.
- Gelatin is also effective and efficient in the absorption of water and fluids. This helps in preventing fluid retention and bloated stomach, improving constipation.
- An amino acid in Gelatin, known as Glycine, is also said to be an ‘inhibitory neurotransmitter’, which means that it produces similar effects which anti-anxiety medications and antidepressant medications have.
I’m sure now, that after knowing so many facts, you might be more excited to prepare and consume these Jello Jigglers.
After knowing that Gelatin has so many benefits, I bet you are going to prepare it more often.
Let us now see how to prepare the Jell-O Jigglers.
How to prepare Multi-Colored Jello Jigglers?
Preparation Time:- 3 Hours.
Cooking time:- 3 Min.
Total:- 3 Hours 3 Minutes.
- 2 ½ cups of boiling water (or boiled apple juice)
- 2 packets of your favorite flavored Gelatin/Jell-O.
If you want to make a single colored Jell-O Jigglers, you would need 2 boxes of the same flavor. But if you want to make layers of multi colored Jell-O Jigglers, then Gould would need packets of different flavors of Jell-O and also different molds for each flavored Jell-O.
For Single colored Jello Jigglers
Step 1-: Gather all the ingredients, boiling and 2 packets of flavored Jell-O.
Step 2-: In a large bowl, pour the bowling water in the bowl. Now mix the Gelatin Flavor into the bowl along with the boiling water. Mix it well until it is completely dissolved.
Step 3-: Now, pour the mixture into a pan or a tray. Choose the pan/tray according to the thickness that you want your Jello Jigglers to have.
Step 4-: Refrigerate the pan/tray for over three hours or until the mixture is completely set.
Step 5-: After the mixture is completely set, remove the pan/tray from the refrigerator and dip the bottom of the pan/tray in warm water for 15 seconds.
Step 6-: Now, cut the set mixture in different and decorative shapes.
Your Single colored Jello Jigglers are now ready to serve!
How to prepare Multi-Colored Jell-O Jigglers?
Here’s how you do it!
- Boiling water ( Amount depends on how many flavors you want to add to your Jell-O Jigglers. Take 2 ½ cup boiling water for one flavor)
- Gelatin Flavor ( This to depends on the number of flavors you would want to add. Take 2 packets of each flavor)
For Multi-colored Jell-O Jigglers
Step 1-: Gather all the ingredients, boiling water and the Gelatin flavors.
Step 2-: In a large bowl, pour the boiling water, and add the Gelatin Flavor to it. Mix it well, until completely dissolved.
Step 3-: Pour the mixture in a pan or a tray.
Step 4-: Refrigerate it until fully set.
Step 5-: Now, remove the pan/tray from the refrigerator. Flow the same steps to make the another flavor Gelatin mixture and pour the mixture in the pan/tray, which already contains one set Jello mixture.
Step 6-: Now, keep the tray in the refrigerator until the mixture is fully set.
Now, your single flavored and multi-flavored Jello Jigglers are ready to serve and devour.
I hope you loved this recipe. Please share your feedback in the comments section.