Tasty Fish Tacos
What are fish tacos?
Almost everyone is aware of ‘fish tacos’. Some might have even tried it. For those who are interested to know how to prepare Fish Taco, here it is.
Fish Tacos are loaded with fresh ingredients and perfectly seasons plump fish. It can be severe with various sauces and dips too.
Along with the preparation for Fish Tacos, we are also going to see how Fish Taco sauce is prepared, as a side dish/dip for the Fish Taco.
How to make Fish tacos?
Preparation Time: 30 minutes.
Cook Time: 25 minutes.
Total Time Consumed: 55 minutes.
- Small White Corn Tortillas (amount depends on how many of them you want to prepare)
- Any WHITE fish. E.g. Tilapia; Salmon or Shrimp would be amazing as well.
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
FISH TACO TOPPINGS:
- ½ Purple Cabbage(small)
- 2 Avocado, sliced( medium)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced(optional)
- ½ Red Onion, diced
- ½ Cilantro Bunch, longer stems removed
- 4 is to 1 cup Cotija Cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges(for serving)
Now, let’s start preparing them:
Step 1: Line a large baking sheet with a parchment or silicone liner.
Step 2: Take a small dish or a bowl, combine all the ingredients mentioned above for the fish tacos: ½ T-spoon cumin, ½ T-spoon cayenne pepper, ½ T-spoon salt and ¼ T-spoon black pepper. Make sure they have combined well.
Step 3: Apply the seasoning evenly on both sides of the fish.
Step 4: Lightly drizzle olive oil on the fish and also apply butter to each side of the fish.
Step 5: Settle the fish in the baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner and baked it for 20-25 minutes at 375° C.
If you want brown the edges, broil for 3-5 minutes at the end.
Serving the Fish Tacos-:
- Toast the Corn Tortillas either on a large, dry skillet or griddle it over on medium/high heat.
- For stuffing the Tacos, add the fish first, and then add the remaining topping ingredients one by one.
- Finish with sprinkling the cotija cheese upon it.
- Serve it with the lemon wedges.
You Fish Taco are ready to eat now!
Whenever we cook a dish, there always a question that comes to our mind, what to eat it with?
Well, I have got that sorted out for you, at least for this dish.
As a side dish or something we can eat with the Fish Tacos, we are going to prepare Fish Taco sauce which simply, is a garlic-lime crema. I’m sure you are going to love this along with the tacos.
How to make Fish Taco Sauce?
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- 2 Tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 T-spoon Garlic Powder
- 1 T-spoon Sriracha Sauce (for taste)
So, now let’s discuss the steps involved in making this amazing sauce:
Step 1: Take a medium bowl and add the ingredients for the Fish Taco Sauce in it: ½ cup sour cream, 1/3 cup Mayo, 2 Tablespoon Lime juice, 1 T-spoon Garlic Powder and 1 T-spoon Sriracha sauce, to taste.
Step 2: Now whisk it well until they are blended and mixed properly.
Your Fish Taco Sauce is Ready!
You can either add it as one of the toppings for the Fish Tacos or can also have it as a dip.
What else can you serve along with the Fish Taco? Honestly, except for chips and salsa, we don’t know any other dish that can be served with Tacos. Here’s a list of some side dishes which you can eat along with the Fish Tacos:
- Easy Taco Slaw
- Chipotle Copycat Rice
- Frijoles de la olla
- Cilantro-Jalapeño Jicama Slaw
- Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
- Mexican Restaurant -Style Cauliflower Rice
- Cheesy Tex-Mex Rice
- Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad
I hope you loved this recipe. Please share your feedback in the comments section.