My Secret Chocolate Gravy Recipe
The name is just enough to make anyone go crazy. It’s like, we can’t imagine our lives without chocolates.
Chocolates have always been the most precious part of our lives. From childhood till now, we just could never get over this sweet, addicting, and soothing taste.
There are lots of different types of chocolate, just as there are many ways to consume it. It’s not just the taste, but texture and smell that come into play while experiencing chocolates.
That perfect flavor of cocoa mixed with lots of sugar and milk that goes into making chocolates is something that is so fascinating.
I love to have chocolates in everything I eat. Right from breakfast to dinner to desserts, I look for ways to add the deep, rich, chocolaty flavor to my food to make it even more satisfying.
Once, I went to a bakery and ordered chocolate ice cream. Well, nothing new since I always order this flavor but the way they served the ice cream was something new and enthralling to me.
It was a large scoop of vanilla ice cream with a thick, boiling chocolate gravy. I poured it over the ice cream and how quickly and smoothly the gravy surfaced and mixed with it was amazing.
Since I love to bake and sweet ingredients are a necessity in my home, I decided to make this Fiery Chocolate Gravy at home.
It’s no good to keep a delicious recipe with oneself, so here I am with my recipe of Chocolate Gravy.
What is Chocolate Gravy?
Chocolate Gravy is a kind of gravy that is made with fat, flour, cocoa powder, and a varying amount of sugar.
It’s more common in the Southern United States and is often served as a Sunday morning dish with cookies.
It has a sweet, chocolaty, and smooth texture.
It is a super thin chocolate frosting that tastes incredible.
How to make Chocolate Gravy?
This recipe is incredibly easy to make. Although, it requires a bit of stirring but the outcome is something you’ll drool over.
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt for taste
- 2 cups whole fat milk
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
PREPARATION TIME – 5 minutes
COOKING TIME – 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME – 20 minutes
Let’s discuss the steps involved in making chocolate gravy:
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add cocoa, flour, sugar, and salt. Mix it properly.
- Add milk to it and mix well until fully combined.
- Pour the entire mixture into a saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Stir it constantly for about 7-10 minutes or until the texture is similar to gravy.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the chocolate gravy over warm biscuits.
Some Important Tips
- You can store the gravy in the refrigerator. Let it cool down at room temperature and store in an air-tight container. Heat it well before serving.
- You can adjust the sweetness of the gravy as per your taste.
- This is the recipe where the best makes all the difference. So don’t compromise on the cocoa powder and choose with the best quality.
Why you should try this recipe?
Well, it’s chocolate and its gravy. It’s chocolate gravy and it surely asks for a place in your kitchen.
It is so smooth, chocolatey, and satisfying that you could pour it over any dish and take it from ordinary to extraordinary.
You can have this gravy in your breakfast, dinner, desserts. Your family and guests are just going to lick their fingers to the final drop.
Besides, it is so easy and quick to make that you would want to have it all the time.
You can pour it over biscuits, cakes, pancakes, ice cream, and just anything, it’ll taste delicious and incredible.
Lastly, if Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory is your childhood dream, then this Chocolate Gravy will blow your mind and you simply can’t miss this.
I hope you loved this recipe. Please share your feedback in the comments section.