Tasty Chicken Paillard Recipe
My Secret Recipe of Scrumptious Chicken Paillard.
I have always loved eating chicken. It is so juicy and tender that one feels lost while having it.
It perfectly absorbs any flavor that is added to it. Even frying the chicken with just salt and pepper would leave the person licking their plate.
It’s the versatility of chicken that one can prepare any meal with it and trust me, it’ll always be scrumptious no matter you bake, fry, grill, or even pressure cook it.
Chicken proves to be the best white meat in the world. Apart from being the meat that people across the globe drool over, it has many health benefits that give just another reason to include it in your diet.
Health Benefits Of Chicken
It’s rich in protein, boosts metabolism which is essential for maintaining a healthy body. It increases the level of serotonin amino acids in your brain and acts as a natural depressant by enhancing the mood and blasting stress.
If you have a soft spot for chicken, then you will surely love this recipe of Chicken Paillard.
What is Paillard ?
Paillard is an old term used to describe the thinly sliced or lightly pounded flattened pieces of meat that are then grilled and sautéed very speedily.
These are made from boneless slices of chicken, turkey, beef, and pork.
The thin slices of Paillard are generally cut from the bigger pieces of meat.
Each meat has different kinds of cuts that are used to making Paillards.
Chicken and Turkey Paillards are made from the breast meat, beef could be sliced from tenderloin, round, and sirloin, and pork could be sliced from the leg or the loin.
How to make Chicken Paillard ?
Despite the fancy name, the dish is extremely easy and. You can serve it with salad for dinner or brunch for a healthy and satisfying meal.
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 6tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp vinegar
- 1 bag mixed greens
- 1 pint sliced tomatoes
- 12-ounce mini mozzarella balls
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan
- 1 sliced lemon
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
Total Time – 30 minutes
So let’s see how to make it:
- Season the sliced chicken/chicken cutlets on both sides with 1 teaspoon salt, black pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and onion powder. Keep it aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add flour, ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper, remaining garlic and onion powder, and ½ teaspoon Paprika.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until smooth. Add panko breadcrumbs, remaining salt, pepper, paprika, and parsley in a separate bowl and mix.
- For coating, the chicken Paillard, dip each piece first into the flour and shake off excess. Then, dip it into egg and finally into breadcrumbs. (Make sure you coat both the sides of the chicken evenly.)
- Place all the coated pieces on a wire rack set over baking sheet and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Keep a medium sauté pan on stove and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, add one piece of chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- To prevent the cooked chicken from getting soggy, place them on a fresh wire rack set over a baking sheet. (Cook other pieces the same and add additional oil, if needed.)
- In a large bowl, add greens, tomatoes, bocconcini, parmesan, 2tbsp olive oil and vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Tox them thoroughly until combined.
- Place the chicken pieces on a plate and top with salad for serving.
Some Important Tips
To achieve a perfect Paillard, pound boneless, and skinless chicken to equal thinness. However, don’t pound forcefully.
Nowadays, packaged pounded meat is available in grocery stores. You can get one if you don’t want to pound it at home.
Make sure you don’t burn the Paillards while roasting on the stove. It should be light brown and crisp.
You can serve it with lemon-butter sauce, pasta, salads, etc as an accompaniment for a fulfilling meal.
Once cooked, you can refrigerate it in an airtight container or plastic bag. Defrost it and serve it hot. However, make sure you don’t keep it for long.
Why should you try Chicken Paillards ?
This dish is so versatile and easy to prepare. It makes a perfect, healthy, and delicious dinner or brunch.
The ingredients for this recipe are so basic and are readily available in everyone’s kitchen which is a bonus. If you want some tongue licking food prepared with minimum efforts and ingredients then Chicken Paillards is your go-to dish.
It contains herbs and butter which gives a glossy look to the dish and makes it absolutely irresistible.
So, chicken lovers what are you waiting for. Head towards your kitchen and treat yourself with tangy and crispy Chicken Paillards.
I hope you loved this recipe. Please share your feedback in the comments section.