Baked Potato on Grill
We all like potatoes. In this article I will tell you guys to make the best thing from potato and that is baked potato on grill. It is very easy to make and we can eat it with almost everything as a side dish. All you need is grill rest I assume you already have in your kitchen. So spices make this more delicious. As potatoes are high in carbs, it will help you to get balanced diet. You can add some sauce to make this more incredible.
So let’s start making this recipe.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 40 min
● 3 tablespoons neutral oil like avocado oil
● Sea salt for coating
● 4 medium Russet potatoes even in size
● Aluminium foil for wrapping
Step 1: Preheat grill on high for 15 minutes with lid closed to about 350º F (176º C).Wash potatoes and prick all over with fork. Pour enough salt into a medium bowl to cover bottom of the bowl. Coat oiled potatoes in a light layer of salt, enough to add some extra crisp to the cooked skin.
Step 2: Place potatoes, one by one, in another medium bowl and coat all over with neutral oil. Transfer to bowl with salt and turn to coat with a thin but complete layer of salt. Repeat with all potatoes.
Place prepared potatoes in microwave and cook on high for 4 minutes.
Step 3: Wrap microwaved potatoes in two layers of aluminium foil to prevent leaks or flare-ups.
Step 4: Place potatoes directly on grill grate and shut lid. Keep lid shut the entire time; expect cook time to be a bit longer if lid must open for other items. Grill for 30-40 minutes or until completely soft all the way through. Pierce with a skewer to test for doneness. Skewer should easily pierce potato all the way through with no resistance.
Step 5: Slice long ways down the center of the cooked potato and gently press in ends to open. Use a fork to fluff potato flesh and serve with desired toppings.
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hour 20 min
● 4 russet potatoes (about 8 oz. each)
● 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
● ½ teaspoon ground pepper
● ½ teaspoon garlic powder
● ½ teaspoon paprika
● ½ teaspoon salt, divided
● ¼ cup sour cream
● 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Step 1: Preheat a gas grill to medium (350-400 degrees F) on one side of grill (leave the other side unlit). (Have a charcoal grill? See Tip.) Place each potato on a separate, double-layer piece of foil. Drizzle evenly with oil and turn to coat. Sprinkle the potatoes evenly with pepper, garlic powder, paprika and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Wrap them tightly with the foil.
Step 2: Place the potatoes on the grate over the unlit side of the grill. Grill, covered, until tender, about 1 hour, 30 minutes, flipping and rotating the potatoes halfway through grilling.
Step 3: Remove the potatoes from the grill and carefully unwrap. Make a slit in each potato and fluff the insides with a fork. Top with sour cream, chives and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
We love these baked potatoes on the grill sliced open with a little butter on top, but you can add other toppings if you’d like. Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Sour Cream
- Bacon Bits
- Green Onions
- Ranch Dressing
- Grilled Chicken
- Steamed Broccoli
- Cheese Sauce
Some extra tips to make this recipe more delicious:
● Preheat your grill to make this more easier
● You can coat your potatoes but it is optional, if you coat this then it will be awesome.
● Always try to wrap your potatoes in two wraps of foil
● Try to buy equal sized potatoes, it will look awesome
● If you want to speed up the cooking process, pierce your potato a few times with a fork and microwave them on high 4-5 minutes before grilling.
● You can use any type of oil instead of butter when you coat the potatoes.
● If your main dish cooks at a lower temperature you can cook your potatoes at a lower temp, but plan on pre-cooking them in a microwave or cooking them longer on the grill at a lower temperature.
My reviews about this recipe
This recipe is one of the most easiest recipes that you can make at home. The con of this recipe is that you need to have grill to make this recipe. It is appropriate for all the ages. I love this recipe very much. You can give it a try.
● It is very easy to make
● All the ingredients are readily available
● Appropriate for all the ages
● It balances the diet
I hope you loved this recipe. Please share your feedback in the comments section.