Amish Macaroni Salad
Amish Macaroni salad is the best in its class. It has some classic texture and taste, the creamy layer makes it more awesome.
It is a perfect dish for children in the evening. You can add some veggies to this, and also you can add your preferred sauce. I am fond of white sauce, so I apply the white sauce.
You can also prepare the sauce at home. This type of pasta is high in carbs, so it will maintain your diet if you take in the right quantity. It is super easy to make, so let’s start preparing this beautiful dish. I will show you two methods to make this dish.
How to make amish macaroni salad?
This is the first way/recipe to make Amish Macaroni Salad and I personally love this recipe as I always use it to make this delicious salad.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
Chilling time: 1 hour
● 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
● 2 cups Miracle Whip
● ¼ cup sugar
● 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
● 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
● 1 teaspoon salt
● ¾ teaspoon celery seed
● 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
● 3 large hard boiled eggs
● 1 small sweet onion
● 3 stalks celery
● 1 small red bell pepper
● ¼ cup dill pickle relish
● Paprika for garnish
Step 1: Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the macaroni and cook according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Rinse with cold water.
Step 2: Add the Miracle Whip, sugar, mustard, vinegar, salt, and celery seed to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Step 3: Chop the eggs, onion, celery, and pepper into small pieces. Add to the bowl of macaroni with the pickle relish.
Step 4: Pour the dressing over the pasta and stir well to coat. Taste and add additional salt, if needed.
Step 5: Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
Now let’s look at the second recipe to make this amazing macaroni salad.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
● 2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
● 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
● 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
● 1/2 cup chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
● 1/2 cup chopped red pepper (about ½ of a large pepper)
● 2 T-spoon. pickle relish
● 1 ½ cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
● 3 T-spoon yellow mustard\
● 1/2 cup granulated sugar
● 1 T-spoon white vinegar
● 1/4 tsp. salt
● 3/4 tsp. celery seed
Step 1: Cook macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
Step 2: In a large bowl, combine chopped eggs, onion, celery, red pepper, and relish.
Step 3: In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together Miracle Whip, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt, and celery seed. Pour over the chopped egg mixture. Add macaroni and stir until well combined.
Step 4: Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving. I like to let it chill overnight before serving to allow the flavors to fully meld.
My special tips for this recipe
I love this recipe. You can make some variations. To make it awesome you can follow my special tips.
● Try to boil macaroni in medium heat, then it will have its flavour.
● You can use green yogurt too.
● I prefer this to chill, you can also do it.
● You can add many veggies if you want, I add many veggies in this dish
● You can also limit the amount of sugar in this recipe.
My reviews about Amish Macaroni Salad
This is a perfect salad for evening. The best thing is you can add as many flavors as you like in this. It is very easy to make and also very tasty.
So, go give it a try. Children are definitely going to love it.
● I have added some varieties recipes that can help you to make according to your ingredients.
● It is very simple to make
● It is appropriate for all the ages.
● You can add many flavors in this recipe
● It is also high in carbs that can help to have proper diet.
I hope you loved this recipe. Please share your feedback in the comments section.